Total Pageviews

Friday, December 18, 2020

Is your life a tragedy or comedy?



Sometimes life seems a Greek tragedy, not worth pursuing. And then your child gives you a big hug or you get a whiff of fresh coffee and cinnamon roll and can’t wait to live another minute.

Authors try to short cut life experiences for everyone, including themselves. Finding words to make your tummy rumble or thighs tingle works for us, too. The passion of storytelling keeps us going.

I think I’ve heard it from at least a dozen other authors: I write what I want to read. Sometimes we write for a contract or obligation, too, but we always put a bit of us in a story. That heroine who moves from the desert because of her hay fever is at least a part of me. That she’s plump, achy, and in her sixties, wishing she was young and trim again is not just me but I’m pretty sure at least a dozen others out there. (Naked in theWinter Wind). Okay, hundreds of others, but you know what I mean. We want to live vicariously through people strong and more vibrant than ourselves.


No need to raises hands, but how many of us have made mistakes? I’ve never been strung out on drugs and shot anyone, but if I had, I’d want a way out (That Twin Thing series). By creating scenarios, giving my characters the chance to right a wrong, I’m purging and/or offering them a chance at redemption.

Looking for excitement? Passion, danger, and life on the lam. She was only eighteen, but was life worth living? She was a mess, but why was this doctor so intent on helping her? (Adult content). The Set Up, first book in Triplets: Three Aren't One multi-genre series.

Save a few minutes a day to read a great book. 

Pass the Pandemic hours in other countries, living other people’s lives in lands either strange or familiar to you. Get those tingles while enjoying a real cup of coffee or tea. We may not have the time or resources to be world travelers, but we can have the experiences.

Read on, World!

No comments:

Post a Comment